Bootle Village Surgery has a carer-friendly culture. Please inform us if you are a carer, either paid or unpaid, and we will add you to our carers register. Early identification of carer health problems can lead to faster treatment and improved health outcomes.
Many carers do not recognise themselves as a 'carer', just someone trying to cope as best they can while helping to look after their husband, wife, child, parent or friend.
- Do you care for an elderly parent or frail family member?
- Do you care for a child with a disability or additional?
- Do you look after someone who is seriously ill?
- Do you look after someone who is dependent on drugs or alcohol?
- Do you support someone living with mental illness
- Do you care for someone living with dementia?
- Do you care for an adult with a long term condition?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you are a carer.
Sefton Carers Centre/Carers Trust
If you are a carer who lives in Sefton we can help with free services such as:
- Undertaking an assessment of your needs as a carer.
- Providing information and emotional support.
- Organising support groups, activities, training and fun days to allow you to socialised and recharge your batteries.
- Letting your voice be heard at our Carers Action Group.
We can also:
- Help with forms and writing letters,
- Help you understand your rights as a carer
- Support you at meetings and reviews
What else can we provide?
- Welfare benefits advice
- Complimentary therapies and counselling
- Training for care, leisure and employment
- Direct Payment Support Service
- Advocacy services for all carers including specialist
Contact us on 0151 288 6060 for more details.
You can also visit their website for more details. http://www.sefton-carers.org.uk/
'A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help due to illness, disability, mental ill-health or an alcohol or drug problem.'